What are cookies?
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
Temporary cookies that identify and track users within our websites, applications, or services and are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session in the application or service
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These are cookies that are needed for our websites, applications, or services to function properly.
Performance Cookies & Analytics Technologies
These cookies collect information about how visitors and users use our websites, applications, and services. For instance, it can gather information about which functionality visitors use most often, and if they get error messages from areas of the websites, applications, or services. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor or user. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. We only use these cookies to improve how our website, applications, and services work.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operators’ permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often, targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
Web Beacons & Parameter Tracking
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of a website, particularly in relation to online transactions.
- To enable Hi-Tec to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable Hi-Tec meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
What information is collected?
Who sets the cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this website are set by Hi-Tec, our suppliers who partner with us to help deliver a high quality website and on-line shopping experience and other third parties.
Some cookies are set by or on behalf of Hi-Tec and are necessary to enable customers to a make purchases on our website. Cookies may also be set by third parties who participate with us in affiliate marketing programmes.
How can I control what cookies are set?
By using this website, and opting into the different settings set out in our cookie pop up, you consent to having the above cookies stored on your computer or device. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies, you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer: Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options” and click on the “privacy” tab. Select the setting the appropriate setting.
- For Mozilla Firefox: Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”, then click on the icon “privacy”. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
- For Google Chrome: Click the wrench button on the toolbar, select settings and click show advanced settings. In the “Privacy” section, click the Content settings button. In the “Cookies” section, you can change the following cookies settings.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.
Please note that if you choose to disable any or all of the cookies set by this website, some website functionality will no longer be available to you.
If you have any other questions or concerns please contact us.